The OmniGroup announced its plans to release OmniFocus 2 and OmniOutliner 4 in the first quarter of 2013. Both are very welcome and some would say long overdue. In the last couple of years the group focused on developing the software for iPad and somewhat neglected the Mac platform. This is a pity because it is on the Mac where industrial strength of both apps is most needed. OmniOutliner – a great software for structuring writing, presentations and plans – needs smoother formatting, printing and export to different formats. OmniFocus – a great task management app – needs the ability to work with planning and time aspects of actions and projects (ranging from summary time estimates to the famous ‘forecasts’ which are a legend on iPad). It also desperately needs to integrate with simpler task lists such as Reminders or TaskPaper. I am sure there are these and many more features on the way. Looking forward!
- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- Annotating PDFs with Highlights
Brice McElroy on Never end your email with… jathri on Never end your email with… Jessica Jewell on Never end your email with… Tactile on Never end your email with… Michael on Annotating PDFs with High…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing