- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
- Papers 3 library searchable by Spotlight
- Academic Workflows
- Tags or folders? Depends on the file.
Richard Johnson on Annotating PDFs with High… Magnus Nordborg on Papers 3 library searchable by… Ylper on Never end your email with… Jessica Jewell on Never end your email with… Lauren on Never end your email with…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Author Archives: Csaba Pusztai
Note taking in the era of PDFs has clearly become an issue for most people working with electronic documents on a daily basis. As far as I know most reference managers now implement some form of a note taking/highlighting feature. … Continue reading
I came across this interesting infographic on the Huffington Post (originally created by RJ Andrews of Info We Trust) that visualizes how some important creative and intellectual figures used to structure their days. It seems that none of them spent … Continue reading
I must admit I don’t seem to be perfectly happy with what reference manager software have to offer. I am probably unjust and have high expectations. After all, they are ‘reference managers’ and in that sense they are already over-performing. … Continue reading
This is just a short note for those who may be relying on Multimarkdown documents at some point in there writing workflow. Aleh mentioned in one of his earlier post that he was using Byword and of course there are … Continue reading
I have plenty of screen real estate and even though my hardware is powerful enough to not give me the spinning beach ball all the time, for some reason, I still feel awkward when I have many applications running simultaneously … Continue reading
Let me post a recent BBC video here about the late Steve Jobs and Apple. You may consider it a little off-topic, but I think it is worth watching for people who do have a soft spot for both the … Continue reading