- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- OS X Mavericks and OpenMeta tags
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- Annotating PDFs with Highlights
- Academic Workflows
Tim on Papers 3 library searchable by… john on Never end your email with… agiant on Never end your email with… msteffens on FoxTrot Professional Search James on FoxTrot Professional Search
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Category Archives: Tasks
Over five years of using TextExpander I’ve saved myself typing whooping 400,000 characters (a medium-size PhD dissertation). Yet, there are always new ways to use this amazing software. Here are three recent examples I’ve introduced into my workflows: 1. Names with accented characters … Continue reading
A reader has just challenged me to re-think the software I use for academic work on Mac. Well, there are over 250 items in my Applications folder, but how many do I need to remain productive? So imagine that I have a completely new Mac with no … Continue reading
I have recently started trying OmniFocus 2, the new version of my favorite task management software from OmniGroup, scheduled to be released in June. While all in all I like the changes in the new version, I think three important features … Continue reading
Have you ever tried to take your days one by one when they kept coming to you all at once? I have many times. To keep my days under control I use simple daily plans generated by a combination of … Continue reading
There is plenty of serious and humorous advice on how to deal with reviewers’ comments to your manuscripts submitted to peer review journals. This post is about two apps: Ulysses and TaskPaper that make this job less tedious and frustrating … Continue reading
The OmniGroup announced its plans to release OmniFocus 2 and OmniOutliner 4 in the first quarter of 2013. Both are very welcome and some would say long overdue. In the last couple of years the group focused on developing the … Continue reading
One of the five things that should be kept out of OmniFocus are project plans. There are several good reasons for that. OmniFocus is designed to provide an unambiguous list of concrete things that both should and can be done … Continue reading