- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Academic Workflows
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
- Tags or folders? Depends on the file.
- Annotating PDFs with Highlights
Richard Johnson on Annotating PDFs with High… Magnus Nordborg on Papers 3 library searchable by… Ylper on Never end your email with… Jessica Jewell on Never end your email with… Lauren on Never end your email with…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Tag Archives: DevonThink
Note taking in the era of PDFs has clearly become an issue for most people working with electronic documents on a daily basis. As far as I know most reference managers now implement some form of a note taking/highlighting feature. … Continue reading
I have recently been asked to prepare one of the Oxford Bibliographies. This required sifting through, organizing and annotating a large number of references and so I decided to give Papers 3.0 another try. I have previously been disappointed by various deficiencies of this … Continue reading
Ez responded to the post on annotating pdf in Papers with a comment so useful I reworked it, with Ez’ kind permission, in a separate post. It was prompted by John asking about a “simple workflow”: ‘… [to create] referenced notes … Continue reading