- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- Overcoming OmniFocus' myopia: OmniOutliner and the yet-to-be-discovered academic planning software
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- Collaboration in academic writing: software and beyond
- OS X Mavericks and OpenMeta tags
Aleh Cherp on BusyContacts and academic… art2science on BusyContacts and academic… Charles on BusyContacts and academic… Todd on Papers 3 library searchable by… D on Papers 3 is here
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Tag Archives: PDF Expert
Many academics now read journal articles on screen, as PDF files. Holdouts—and they are everywhere—print out forest-sized stacks of paper that teeter on crowded desks. Freedom from clutter is just one advantage of digital reading. Another is searchability: a large … Continue reading →