- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- Smooth transition from OpenMeta to Mavericks Tags
- Overcoming OmniFocus' myopia: OmniOutliner and the yet-to-be-discovered academic planning software
Aleh Cherp on Papers 3 library searchable by… Peter Ryan on What software do I really need… Vincent Barr (@Vince… on 5 things to keep out of O… utsira on Papers 3 library searchable by… Kim on Color-coding scrivenings in…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Tag Archives: Ulysses
Ullysses III, a note-taking app, stores its ‘sheets’ in hierarchical folders. It is therefore a great tool for keeping project notes, which similarly to project files are best organized in folders. I have previously described using Ullysses for responding to reviewer’s comments on a manuscript. This … Continue reading
There is plenty of serious and humorous advice on how to deal with reviewers’ comments to your manuscripts submitted to peer review journals. This post is about two apps: Ulysses and TaskPaper that make this job less tedious and frustrating … Continue reading
Following Csaba’s post on Ulysses, I have been trying it for over one month. Somewhat surprisingly, I have used it quite often. For example, for drafting grading rules, evaluating research proposals, writing a report for an Academic Board, preparing a … Continue reading