- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Essential software for academic work on a Mac
- Academic Workflows
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
Jessica Jewell on Color-coding scrivenings in… No, No, NaNo or, Jus… on Color-coding scrivenings in… Danh Nguyen on Never end your email with… msteffens on Papers 3: moving in the wrong… Gerry on Never end your email with…
- Brett Terpstra
- literature review
- lucy kellaway
- Mark Bernstein
- Microsoft Word
- PDF Expert
- text editing
- Ulysses III
Category Archives: Files
Since my first post about Papers 3, a reference and pdf-file management software, it has significantly matured to become one of if not the best in the field. The most recent addition (version 3.2.6) has been to make a Papers 3 library indexable … Continue reading
A reader has just challenged me to re-think the software I use for academic work on Mac. Well, there are over 250 items in my Applications folder, but how many do I need to remain productive? So imagine that I have a completely new Mac with no … Continue reading
I have recently asked a colleague to share one of her publications with me. I did not hear from her, but after a week or so, while cleaning my @SaneLater box, I discovered an email sent by her from an unfamiliar address and … Continue reading
A nightmare had followed me for decades on both PCs and Mac. I am working on a file and decide that it should be called differently or be placed in a different folder. So I switch to Finder/Explorer, look for … Continue reading