- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- Essential software for academic work on a Mac
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Essential software for academic work on Mac: 2021 update
- Last minute panic: the best time to write?
- Ulysses III and TextExpander in teaching
- Notion for academic collaboration
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- Custom keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Word for Mac
Is there a way Spotl… on Searchable PDF annotations: Au… xattr write delimite… on OS X Mavericks and OpenMeta… Aleh Cherp on ReadCube Papers Beta – o… Luc P. Beaudoin (@Lu… on ReadCube Papers Beta – o… Art Pericles on ReadCube Papers Beta – o…
- Brett Terpstra
- literature review
- lucy kellaway
- Mark Bernstein
- Microsoft Word
- PDF Expert
- text editing
- Ulysses III
Category Archives: Graphics
It’s been seven years since I listed 25 apps essential for academic work on Mac. This list has proven to be very popular and relatively stable, but over the years I dropped or significantly reduced using 13 of these applications and … Continue reading
In presentations, I find myself in a constant battle with giving the audience enough visual cues so they can absorb my messages without cramming a lot of words on slides. In a recent talk, I was able to use emoji … Continue reading
A reader has just challenged me to re-think the software I use for academic work on Mac. Well, there are over 250 items in my Applications folder, but how many do I need to remain productive? So imagine that I have a completely new Mac with no … Continue reading