- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Essential software for academic work on a Mac
- Academic Workflows
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
Jessica Jewell on Color-coding scrivenings in… No, No, NaNo or, Jus… on Color-coding scrivenings in… Danh Nguyen on Never end your email with… msteffens on Papers 3: moving in the wrong… Gerry on Never end your email with…
- Brett Terpstra
- literature review
- lucy kellaway
- Mark Bernstein
- Microsoft Word
- PDF Expert
- text editing
- Ulysses III
Tag Archives: DevonThink
Note taking in the era of PDFs has clearly become an issue for most people working with electronic documents on a daily basis. As far as I know most reference managers now implement some form of a note taking/highlighting feature. … Continue reading
I have recently been asked to prepare one of the Oxford Bibliographies. This required sifting through, organizing and annotating a large number of references and so I decided to give Papers 3.0 another try. I have previously been disappointed by various deficiencies of this … Continue reading
Ez responded to the post on annotating pdf in Papers with a comment so useful I reworked it, with Ez’ kind permission, in a separate post. It was prompted by John asking about a “simple workflow”: ‘… [to create] referenced notes … Continue reading