- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- Academic Workflows
- Essential software for academic work on a Mac
- TaskPaper 3
Paco on Never end your email with… Dellu on TaskPaper 3 gerrydelasel on Never end your email with… liggliluff on Never end your email with… liggliluff on Never end your email with…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Tag Archives: MindNode
I recently commented on the declining quality of academic talks driven by the logic of conference organizers, for whom ‘a presentation’ often means nothing more than a set of slides. We can counteract this decline by taking the preparation of our … Continue reading
For a few discrete tasks—short bursts of writing, for example, or annotating PDFs—it makes sense to loop iOS devices into a Mac-based workflow. Finally we can add mind-mapping to the list, now that MindNode syncs through iCloud. MindNode Pro, the … Continue reading