- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Academic Workflows
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Color-coding scrivenings in Scrivener
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- Essential software for academic work on a Mac
Natalia on Never end your email with… Jessica Jewell on Never end your email with… JB on Never end your email with… msteffens on Annotating PDFs with High… Matthias Nott on 5 reasons to write your thesis…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal BusyContacts Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Tag Archives: OS
Despite alternatives to Microsoft Word it is not possible to completely avoid using it in academic work on a Mac. If you have to edit texts in MS Word you might as well do it smoothly and efficiently, save time and … Continue reading
A nightmare had followed me for decades on both PCs and Mac. I am working on a file and decide that it should be called differently or be placed in a different folder. So I switch to Finder/Explorer, look for … Continue reading